Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What Do You See?

I am looking for inspiration today. You know things, and people for that matter, come and go in my life sometimes. It’s really weird I guess. I talk to people everyday that have no idea who I am or where I come from. And to sit back think about it, I wonder what they really think about me. Do they see a strong Christian woman, or a frumpy old grouch. I would hate to give off the wrong impression to someone who knows nothing about me. So even on a bad day I try my hardest to put out the right vibe. I pray that when people look at me they can see a child of God. And if this is not what they see then I have a lot of work to do. How am I to show someone the love of Christ if I do not take my walk with Him seriously? Now being human, this is not always the easiest task. But I am learning that the more I ask for his guidance the more God shines a light for me in the right direction. Why haven’t I always known that this is the way it works? Why have I tried so hard to fix things on my own? Who did I think I was?

Although it has taken me this long to figure this out, I hope that my journey may help someone find their way. It has not always been an easy road but that usually means one of two things, either, I was on the right path at the time or I was messing up the path I had created. You learn by doing, and as far as making mistakes I have made quite a few. Thank goodness that God forgives even the lowliest of sinners.

I am not good at quoting scripture but I love to sing God’s praise. I believe that music is a strong force that reaches peoples hearts and souls. Music to me is love. And since God is love, I lift my voice to him. I have been told that I have many talents, singing is said to be one, so why shouldn’t I use the talent that God gave me to praise Him? Have you ever heard a child sing? What is the first thing you think as you listen? I am so blessed to hear a child sing for they are truly precious in His sight. Children have many wonderful talents and as adults we should nurture them. We should help them understand their talents and how to use them for God’s glory.

Do you have a talent? What are you doing with it? I hope that what ever your talent may be that you are using it for God’s glory. And if you think that your talent would not best serve God, then I think you should reconsider if it is really a talent. I will be praying for you and that you discover your talent(s) and use them for God’s glory. If you do you will be greatly blessed. Take care until next time and please, keep me in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment