Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Love You To The Moon And Back!

Yesterday I got the phone call that my grandma went to heaven. I know that most of you understand what it is like to lose someone you love, so you know what I’m feeling. It’s really hard to process right now. I can remember stories she always told. And how strong of a woman, a person, she was. She was the grandma that taught me how to pick strawberries and took me to art class. The woman who told me like it was no matter what. And would sing with me with tears in her eyes. I remember as a child helping in her yard and helping to feed the animals. She has always held a special place in my heart. She always believed in me for the little things like, singing and painting. I know that as I have gotten older I haven’t spent the time I should have with her but I cherish every moment I did have. Talking in her room about things no one would expect. I loved the taste of her home German Chocolate cake and icing. I remember going nearly every weekend as a child to her house and we always grilled something. There are more memories that I could possible share. I can hear her laugh and see her smile. There will never be another like her. Grandma I just want you to know I love you to the moon and back.

To my family who are all experiencing sadness at our loss. She was a strong woman who loved all of us very much. I don’t know if you ever got to sit and talk to her about it but I did every time I seen her. She was overflowing with love for her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren. I know sometimes it didn’t feel like I knew just how much she really loved me. But talking to her when I did the last few years she told me over and over again. Everyone of us had a place in her heart that no one could touch. And she would fight tooth and nail for each of us. We haven’t always been as close as I would have liked, but I blame myself. I will never forget the things she taught me. And I hope that all of you can have peace knowing how much you were loved. I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment